Rangefinders are any modern hunter’s companion as they make distance estimation a lot easier and accurate. While rangefinders are impressively accurate on their own, the addition of binoculars to the rangefinder makes the experience a lot better for the user since accuracy is enhanced. Rangefinder binoculars are growing in popularity amongst hunting enthusiasts and are becoming more common on shooting ranges. So ubiquitous is the rangefinder binoculars technology that the traditional binoculars might not exist in about 10 years.
Here is a review of the Bushnell fusion 1 mile
Bushnell is an industry leader in high-performance sport optics for over six decades. The company boasts a leading market share in sport optics categories and the company’s products have continuously won performance and design awards. Bushnell products enhance outdoor enjoyment as they continuously explore emerging technologies in marketing sports optics that pair leading edge design with innovation.
BUSHNELL FUSION 1 MILE
The Bushnell fusion 1 mile is an amazingly great rangefinder. In ideal conditions, it could range all the way out to the claimed max range of 1 mile with over 50% accuracy … and that is on 2 MOA targets. That is impressive for any rangefinder, but astonishing for the price point of the Bushnell 1 Mile binoculars. It is an extreme value for the ranging capabilities.
Ranging modes Bushnell has integrated into the unit, which allow the user to give the rangefinder hints about how to interpret the readings to increase the odds that this distance it displays is for your intended target. This is an innovative feature that other manufacturers ought to implement, because when ranging offhand or even in tough ranging scenarios, it is a game-changer.
This binocular rangefinder features:
- 8×32 Binocular combined with angle range compensation, ARC laser rangefinder with 10 to 1760 yards ranging performance
- 96×48 pixel matrix display which gives bright easy to read displays in all lighting conditions while achieving a class leading 80 percent light transmission
- Fully multi-coated optics and BaK-4 prisms with PC-3 corrective coating for superior clarity and resolution
- A hundred percent water and fog proof. Rain guard HD water repellent lens coating
- CR-123 3 volt battery, carrying case
- The rifle mode provides angle, line of sight and bullet holdover/drop up to 199 inches
- Variable sight in allows sight in distance options of 100, 150, 200 or 300 yards sight in distance when it is put on rifle mode
- A selective targeting system – automatic scan bulls eye and brush modes
- It is compact and lightweight and comes with butler creek flip up lens caps for objective lenses
- Provides some ballistic functions that are otherwise limited to 800 yards
The Bushnell fusion 1 mile is the ultimate in efficiency it melds the nest of Bushnell binoculars with impressive world leading rangefinder abilities. Every detail is magnified with stunning clarity and rich contrast from edge to edge.
At the push of a button, it displays the exact distance to the target from 10 to 1760 yards.
The built-in ARC Bow mode delivers the ‘shoots-like’ horizontal distance whereas ARC rifle mode provides precise bullet drop and holdover information.
The bottom line
If you need a ranging binocular and you are on a budget, the Bushnell fusion rangefinder provides great value for money. While it falls short in some areas, it is an outstanding rangefinder, the bullseye mode and advanced brush are truly creative and can help a lot in handling some tough ranging situations, the optical performance is not great and the ergonomics could be poor, but overall, a great ranging equipment that is not only well-performing, but also affordable.
Find more hunting gear reviews at http://huntinglife.com/reviews/.